Sunday, May 08, 2005

Sunday Review

Well this is the official Sunday Review, for this page at least. I didn't get to post yesterday. I try to do my posting at the end of the day, and last night I had a migraine headache. I couldn't even watch the end of the race last night at Darlington. Well I found out this morning that Greg Biffle won. The dark side of the rainbow took second ( #24), and my boy Little E took his number. As much as I hate Gordon, he has been really having a great year. That is about all the good things I can say about him. If you couldn't tell I am a die hard #8 fan. So I am watching the race and I can't even keep my eyes open because of my headache. I know, quit crying. So I went to bed around 9 pm. Other than that Saturday was a pretty good day. Tammy and I went to Lowes and got fertilizer and potting moss. I didn't fertilize because the rain was coming today, but we did put the moss around Tammy's flowers. Later that afternoon we had a cook out with the neighbors across the street. It was a good time and Brian can cook.

Got up this morning and went to the store. I got my wife a planter of tulips and cards for her and my mother. I didn't get to spend mother's day with my mom, because she and my dad went to their little hide-away in Oklahoma. They needed the time off. My dad takes her there once a year, because the cell phones don't work there and she can get some relaxation. I will get to give her gift later this week. Well when I got home from the store the Wild One, who came over last night to spend time with his mother, cooked Tammy breakfast. We got that taken care of and took care of the dishes and all of a sudden the power went out. The winds picked up like it was going to storm and a transformer must have been taken out. It took the electric company a long time to get the power back on. It was quite nice, because the wife and I forgot to plug our phones up last night to charge and so they both went dead. So If you called and didn't leave a message, there is no way we could tell. So we went out on the front porch and took Bull outside to see how he would act. He did great. He is going to turn out to be a really great dog. I read one of the books I am reading, Violets Are Blue by James Patterson. It is a book about Vampires. Pretty interesting. Yes it is fictional. Tammy and I played some cards, and we played battle ship with the Wild One. Tammy went to Bingo and the Wild One and I cooked out. We cooked up some Eckard sausage and ranch style beans on the smoker since the electric wasn't on. When we were cleaning up and taking the stuff back in the house the power finally came back on about 2 pm.

The Wild One's dad came and got him and Tammy came home. We watched the new DVD we got this weekend National Treasure with Nicholas Cage. It was a pretty good movie. We also watched the Elvis movie on CBS. It is still on. Elvis is still the king. Of course the TV gods have struck again. Just found out the movie is continued until Wednesday. That did not make Tammy very happy. She has to take the Princess shopping Wednesday for shoes and accessories for her two banquets this weekend. She has a band and choir banquet Friday and Saturday. There is always something going on with one of the kids. The joy of parenthood.

Well that's what happened at the Casa of Cowboy Colby. Nothing real interesting, but it was still a great weekend. I enjoyed cooking out and spending time with the neighbors and I especially enjoyed the time I got to spend with my family outside, because the power outage. Honestly if the power would not have gone out, the Wild One would have spent the day playing X-box, Tammy would have played poker online, and I would have been a couch potato. So it was nice spending time outside with the family and the dog. We had a great Norman Rockwell Sunday afternoon.

Well onto another great week at the salt mines. I hope this week goes better than last. I am not holding my breath though. Hope everyone has a great week. The King is gone and so am I. Good night and God bless.

No comments: