Sunday, May 01, 2005

Another Sunday

Well it was just another Sunday just like the rest. We wanted to sleep in this morning, but when you have children that does not always happen. My oldest stepdaughter, our princes, called this morning about 7:30 to talk to us. She was in New Orleans for a Choir Concert. They took 1st place by the way. I don't even remember what she wanted. Probably just to call her mother since she was up, she expected us to be up. Not much different when they are over. Well we go back to sleep or try to and the phone rings again and it was my Mother-in-Law. She was wanting to know if we wanted to go to breakfast with her & her sister. Free breakfast you know I was up and going. Nothing gets me out of bed like someone else paying for a meal. So we got up and went to have breakfast @ the Golden Corral with her, her sister, who by the way is one of my favorite in-law's, and Tammy's brother, who was in town for Tammy's nephew's wedding.

We came home after breakfast, and watched a little T.V. and laid around. I wasn't feeling to well. Tammy decides to get up and mow the lawn. She asks me if I minded. Hell no. So I hear her get the lawn mower out, and start mowing the lawn. I am laying there on the couch and hearing the mower running, and all of a sudden I start feeling guilty. I couldn't believe it somewhere in my marriage I grew a conscieous. I argue w/ my self about 5 seconds and decide I need to go out there and mow the lawn. It is my responsibility anyways. So I go out there and she is about half done. I take over and the best part of it was I finally got to meet my new neighbors across the street. Finally someone around our age has moved in. Well they haven't moved all the way in yet, because Big Brother Electric Company hasn't turned there electric on. It has taken them over a week to get it on. You don't pay your bill and they can flip the switch and turn it off, but to turn it on that's another thing. As you can tell I don't have a great love for the utility companies. Any back to my new neighbor. It seems they will turn out to be great neighbors. I am hoping so. I have been really waiting for someone to move in around our age. Everybody else that lives on this street is either a lot older than us, or just pretty unsocialable. So I am looking forward to making many memories with both our families.

I just learned a new lesson in producing this blog. Save your drafts before you start experimenting with stuff on this site that you know absolutely nothing about. I had typed a lot more and just lost. Hopefully it will be another lesson learned but I doubt it.

Back to the story that I know all of you are so anxiously seating on the edge of your seats for. So nothing exciting after that really happened. We took our Softball Queen home, my middle stepdaughter, to her dad's house. We came home and I watched T.V. & my wife enjoyed her new obsession w/ online poker, the free kind. She finally got off the computer and here I am starting a new adventure in by life, blogging. The main reason I am doing this is that my grandmother, Mommie I (pronounced Mommy One), has always wanted me to keep a journal. She has done it most of her life and I am starting to realize the good that can come from it. It might not interest anybody else, but I think it will do a lot of good for me. The other reason I am doing this that one of my best friends has a great site and I am truly addicted to it. So I figured I would try my hand at it and knock to birds down with one stone. You ought to check out his site. shumpy.com, I am still learning how to post a link to the entry.

Goals for blogging:
1. Figure how to get to my blog page tomorrow
2. Post my pic to the page
3. Learn how to post a link to an entry.

We will start with that and try to grow the site.

I have bored you long enough and I doubt anybody made it this far in the post. So I am signing off for the day.

1 comment:

Shumpy said...

FukStik on the internets!

Welcome!