Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Let's try this again.

Well it has been a nearly a year. To be exact it has been since March 27Th, of 2007 since I posted. There has been a shit load going on since the last time I posted. Well #1 we have moved back to the greatest state in the nation. Yes people, we are back in Texas where we belong. I turned in my notice back in August, and left the company at the end of that month. I had enough with Alabama, and the company I was working for. I took a step back, and took a less responsible job back here in Texas. I am thoroughly enjoying not having all the responsibility, and definitely less ass chewings. The family was ready to move back to TX, and the job out there was getting too frustrating, and was not rewarding enough to warrant staying in AL. So we packed up some stuff, and put the rest in storage. We moved back to TX, and I went job hunting. I found a really good job. It is less money, but we are making due for right now. I am back in school, and trying to work on getting into nursing school in the fall.

There has been a lot going on since we moved back. The Softball Queen had surgery over Christmas break. We had a good time celebrating Christmas in the hospital. It wasn't really that bad. Cook Children's Hospital was excellent in their care. I have never been to a hospital that they really take care of their patients that well before. She is out, and doing great. She won't be able to play this year though. There are a lot of teams asking for her right now. She is young, and has two more years of high school so she will have plenty of time to play. She does have a job now. So that has made it easier on the wallet a little.

Tammy had a spell last month with her MS but is doing well now. She keeps here self busy with the kids, and bingo. She is ready to get a place of our own. We are living with my mom and dad right now trying to save some money, and make it easier on us while I am in nursing school. The house is big enough for us. We have the 3 bedrooms upstairs to ourselves. It is still not our own place, but we have to do what we have to do.

I went back to AL two weeks ago, and got all of our stuff out of storage. Man that was a killer, and expensive trip. I rented a car trailer, and a U-Haul trailer. My dad and I drove down there on a Saturday afternoon, and got down there about 10pm. Half way there I realized that I had forgotten the storage keys. You would think "No Problem, just cut it off", but the lock on the door is not a master lock. It is one of those that goes in the door. I wasn't going to be able to get the door company to come out there until Monday. So I called my wife, and mom. They looked up flights, and mom jumped on a flight to The Big Easy and rented a car to drive to Mobile,AL. It saved us from having to drive all the way back, and coming another time. So on Sunday I had a friend of ours meet us at the storage unit to help. He was coming to help, because I was giving him all the big furniture to keep for his self. He is a bachelor in dire need of furnishings for his house so he was happy to help out. We got everything packed up, and drove back home. We got back in about 4am Monday morning. We were all wore out. We got everything unpacked, and put into the storage in the building behind my parents house that week. I am hoping that is the last time I have to go back to AL. No, we probably will take short vacations there to go, and see some friends sometime. The Softball Queen wants to go back for spring break, but that ain't happening this year.

Well that is a little about what is going on with us right now. I have missed blogging, and I ain't promising anything, but I am going to try, and keep it caught up this time. I know. I know. You have all heard it before, but let's just see what happens.

BE COOL.

No comments: