Friday, March 14, 2008

FRIDAY

I used to really look forward to Fridays. I couldn't wait until five o'clock. I would have a beer in my hand, and making calls to see where we were going to start drinking at. Now a days it is just another trip home from work. I miss drinking in the bars, and wasting time. Other than making some good friends, that is just what it was, wasting time, and money. Don't get me wrong, if I could afford it right now I probably would be doing that very thing. I have my obligations now, and I don't regret them. The kid in me just longs for those times that have gone by.

Another thing I miss is camping, and canoeing. I am real interested in setting up a trip sometime before Memorial Day if anybody is interested. The problem now though is trying to coordinate with every body's hetic schedule. It is nearly impossible to plan a weekend where nobody has anything going on. Between having children, and families it is crap shoot to get the whole gang back together. Good times. You ought to go, and check out some of the old memories on Shump's Site. Man, we had some good times on those trips. We were suppose to have a big 15Th annual one, but nobody could get everybody back together. Timmy has even bought a canoe, and I don't know how many times he has got to use it. By the way Timmy, lets go canoeing.

Getting old is never fun, but it is fun to look back on the old memories we have created.

Shumpy should be proud of me this week. I have posted nearly everyday.

Y'all have a great weekend, and we will yell at y'all later.

BE COOL

No comments: