Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Still Going

This last weekend was great, and it is still going. I am just taking an extra long weekend, instead of a vacation. I am still taking the week off, just not going anywhere. We went camping out at Loyd Park on Joe Pool. It is great out there, because it is like traveling to a State Park without as many rules. It is also close to home in case you forget anything. My SIL, 2 BILs, and all the nieces and nephews were there. We had a great time and I actually got pretty drunk Saturday night. The best thing about this weekend is that my nephew that we raised from the time he was three months old until he was two was there. I have not been able to see him for three months since his mother moved back in with her boyfriend. Needless to say I been along time and some bad blood since April. This kid slept in our bed every night until his mom decided to move in with her now boyfriend, and I stress Now. So it has been hard on me with him gone. It made my day when he arrived Friday night and ran up to me, because he missed me. I was sacred that with him being only two and it being over 30 days that his memory of me would have gone. It wasn't and it was a great weekend. He is talking so well. The one comment he made that made my weekend was when he came up to me and said "Colby my name is A_____." I am not putting his name on here just like the other kids, but from now on you will know him by Little One. I was so impressed that he could say my name, because all the other little ones have a hard time pronouncing it. We had a blast, we played and talked, and just sat around having a great time. He was well mannered also. I am working on getting his mother to let us see him once a month. Who knows.

We played a lot of horse shoes this weekend and ate a lot of good food. I won a lot of games, because I am the self pronounced Horse Shoe King. (JK, but I did pretty well.) My BIL and I cooked up 3 briskets and a mess of chicken. We all had a good time this weekend and never had a problem this weekend.

The only thing I missed was checking out the blog sites this weekend. I got up on Friday morning and checked a few from my phone, but I didn't do that the rest of the weekend. I knew if I did, I would want to come back into town and respond and talk to everybody. So maybe next year I will go wireless out there, just to stay in touch.

Sounds like everybody had a great time on the fourth as I was reading. I will blog some more later.

Be Cool.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love two year olds. They have the Oh Factor - Do or say something to them that they enjoy and their eyes and mouth get big and round. That's the Oh Factor. Take it from someone who was working on the computer these last few days -- it was DRY of people. Had to amuse myself with a new friend in Germany. Rosie

Anonymous said...

Mmmm the food sure sounds good! Sounds like a nice time. I hope you can spend more time with the little guy every month. Little boys definitely need a good male example.

Shumpy said...

I know you were having fun. You must have been drunk calling me in the middle of the night.

I still want to see the new tarp.

-- said...

Rosie - It was a blast. The oh factor was great.

Chuck - that's my hopes

Shumpy - I forgot to take the pic so you will have to come by and see it and then we can work on the site. Oh by the way, Happy B-day you old fucker.