Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Moving Sucks

Well I am sorry that I haven't been posting lately, but we had to move. We cancelled our cable and internet a little too early. That is why I haven't been on the net lately. We finally got moved this weekend and the cable people finally could work me into their busy schedule to hook up cable and internet. Murphy's Law happened. They fucked everything up. They not only came in and did a shitty job they didn't hook up everything right, and forgot to hook up some boxes in the apartment. My nephew was here so they could hook up the cable, because Tammy had to be at the hospital with her Mom. I will get to that in just a little bit. So I call the cable company after my nephew calls me and says that the guy did not hook up everything right. They tell me that they can make it out between 2 & 5 pm. I argue with them a little bit and finally concede to their schedule. So being the patient person I am I call them at 4pm before I left work to see if there was someone on the way since they hadn't made it there yet. They come on the phone with this " I am a little fuck up that you will never find and I can be a smart ass" attitude, and tell me they have until 5pm to be there. Well I get home from work just before five. Guess what? They haven't made it. So I learned a little patience and waited until five to call them and ask them where they were are at. So after explaining my story to the operator, oh excuse me customer service agent, they put me on hold for 30 minutes. I was watching the clock. I told you I am a patient person. They come back on the line and tell me the dispatcher cancelled the work order because they talked to the installer and he said he did everything right. Of course he did, that's why I called them. I just wanted to call and say thanks. Fuckers. Then they tell me that they will make some phone calls and call me back in less than thirty fucking minutes. (Can you tell that I have gotten over this?) Then the installer calls me back and says "I did what the workorder said to do." So I go off on the little fucker who didn't sound a day over 18. I explained to him that he didn't install the digital boxes in the other two rooms, and shit was done like a fucking junkie was stealing the shit. Not installing it. So he says he will see if he can get anybody to come back out. Guess what you fucking morons? If you would have come back out when you were suppose to it would be fixed. So I call the cable company back, because the installers are contract. You do know to get work that you can be proud of in your business you need to contract out all the work to people who get paid the job and have no benefits they always do a super job. That's what we do at our Multi-million dollar business where I work. Shit we would go broke. Sorry ranting. I call the S.A.F.C.C (shitty, assfucked, cable company) back again. Then I get to talk to the 6 dollar an hour supervisor, not the 5.50 p/h service agent. This fuck starts telling me the problem is that I was not there. I guess I am going to have to work for these fucks so they do their jobs proper and right the first time. Now after all my bitching and cussing these fucks out on the phone, they still won't be here until the morning. I feel sorry for the fuck that shows up tomorrow though, because I am taking the morning off to be here. I swear I want to pinch the fucking heads off these fuckers. I even asked them how they were going to compensate me for all the trouble. They reply that they don't feel like they should, because my nephew who is under 18 was here and they should not have done the install in the first place. Yeah, that was the problem. That must be why they did such a FUBARed job.

enough about the S.A.F.C.C. Tammy got a call this morning about 1:30 am from her mom. She was having chest pains and couldn't breath. So she called the ambulance and Tammy headed up to the hospital. She is doing better, but they are going to run test tomorrow. So Tammy is going to need to be there. So the S.A.F.C.C is going to have to deal with me. I can't wait. I think I am going to have breakfast made for the little dumplings when they show up. Yeah right. I hope Tammy's mom gets to feeling better. We are just going to have to wait and see. Ya'll say a few prayers for her.

Work is going alright. They are talking about hiring another person to be in the department with us. Who knows. People are quitting left and right. They new guy is doing awesome. A shit load better than I thought he was going to do. I have been able to get a lot done since he has been there. The best part about it is I didn't have to train him as much as I thought I was going to have to. We are working on rocking the place. By the way they still haven't come around to talk to me about a raise yet. They had better.

The new apartment is great, but still a fucking mess. It sucks trying to stuff a 3 bedroom house into a 2 bedroom, plus sun room (computer room now). We did have to get a storage. We have almost got it all knocked out though.

Well I hope a few of your are still out there. I will be writing more.

BE COOL.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wooo, I am sooo glad I asked. It is a marvel how calmly you are dealing with the S.A.F.C.C. Carefully there Colby, you'll be in the hospital next. Don't you love each and every one of those people you had to talk to??? Yeah. Do hope there will be good news on Tammy's mom. Keep us posted when you can. Let's hope things go well from here on out. Rosie

Blonde said...

So glad to see that you are back! Fiestier then ever too.

Cable companies are the fucking worst. They always get us by the balls too. The thought of not having a cable modem, The Sopranos or Entourage to watch is enough to make me call out of work sick for days waiting for them to install.

Take it easy with the move. It is a tough transition, but it will all fall into place. Best wishes in your new home!

Anonymous said...

Dude, I have fought with cable and satellite companies in my day...in my experience the "independant contractors" for the satellite companies do somewhat better than the cable guys.

Hope Tammy's mom is doing okay...don't leave us hanging...post more often!

Shumpy said...

how come the cable guys are always dumbshits? I think that is a job requirement to get hired. You only have a freaking 8 hour window to show up in for that 20 minute job you need to do. WTF?

oh yeah, I have something of yours. You told me to never give it back - remember that?