Saturday, July 09, 2005

Just Call Me the Redneck Picasso

I got up this morning and went over to my parents house this morning and helped my dad paint the house. My father's house is a two story house and the second story is all wood. I got the wonderful chore of being the guy who did the top of the house. Heights don't bother me, but shakey ladders do. I got one side of the house done, but next week I am borrowing a paint sprayer from one of my friends. No more painting with a brush. I could have done the whole house in the amount of time it took me to paint the one side of the house. I really don't mind painting the house for Dad, just spending that much time in the Texas heat when it can be done a whole lot faster. We had a pretty good time making the side of the house brown though. That's a little side joke my father and I have. Ok, here is how the story goes. The first time I helped paint the house, my grandfather, dad, and I painted it. Well when ever we were doing house projects or working on some of their rent houses, they always told me some story or joke. So any ways, when we were painting the house they would ask me how the painting was coming, and I would say OK. They would say no it's not, and wouldn't tell me why until I started to become aggravated. Finally they told me the story about one time they were painting one of the rent houses, and next door some professional painters were painting the house next door. The professional painter next door asked them what they were doing, and my grandfather and dad answered we are painting the house. He said no your not, that's what I do. Ya'll are just making it green, or whatever color they were painting it. Well my dad didn't like this, but just kept working. Then when they were through they looked at both houses and saw the difference between the paint jobs. The professional painters job was a lot cleaner, neater, and didn't miss any spots. My grandfather and dad's job looked less professional. So from then on we never paint. We just make it green, brown, or whatever color the paint is at this time. Now I hope ya'll feel better about me explaining the inside joke. It does bring back a lot of good memories about times with my grandfather, dad, and I spending time together that we can never relive again.

After painting at my dad's I came home and ran over to chiropractor Dave's (formally know as Marketing Dave) house. There are so many Daves in our group of friends that we have to nickname them to keep them straight. Such as, Shakey Dave, Naked Dave, Stinky Dave (known now as Colorado Dave, Marketing Dave, etc. As all nicknames go there are stories behind everyone of them. So any ways I went by chiropractor Dave's house that he is building. He was experimenting with concrete stains, because he is going to do that in several rooms of the house. We got caught up and chit chatted a little. He did a test run of the staining. I wish we were still going to be living here when his house is finally done, but we won't be far. His house is coming along pretty good.

Just laid around like a crack whore after that, watching the boob tube. We went out for http://www.longjohnsilvers.com for dinner. I had been craving that place for a while and Tammy saw a commercial for it so then she wanted to go. Came back after dinner and watched TV. What an exciting life. I know my life is boring right now, but were poor for the time being.

Tomorrow were are going to http://www.nrh20.com for the Wild One's Birthday. His birthday was actually the third, but since everybody was going to be out of town for that weekend we are celebrating it this weekend. I will have to keep reminding my self that most of the ladies walking around there in bikinis are under age. These girls today look so much older than they are, but isn't that what our parents said when were young. So pray for me tomorrow because we are taking ten of his closest friends. No actually most of the parents are going to be there too. That's it for tonight. Stay tuned until next episode.

Be Cool

P.S. did ya'll see the links. I am getting good at this shit.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup, the links all worked. Yea!! But you didn't say what COLOR you did the house. And with a sprayer you really need scaffolding. Yup, you can rent it and the pickup to carry it at Home Deport (cheaper then Lowes.) Or do you have a pickup? Heck, everybody in Texas has a pickup. I remember that from when I was last there. But I try not to visit too often. Rosie

Blonde said...

You have a friend you call Stinky Dave? Does he really stink?

What would you call me...Tits Cass? Easy Cass? Crazy Cass? I would never allow you to have more then one friend with my name out of fear of what you would call me.

It is so nice that you helped out your Dad like that.

-- said...

Rosie, scaffolding would take to long to set up. I am just going to use the ladder. I perfer Lowes down here. They generally have what I need. Which sucks because I used to work for Home Depot, but they never have the things I am needing lately. Why do you try not visit the best place in the world? We have everything here, except snow and we go to Colorado for that.

-- said...

Cass -- he is not called Stinky Dave anymore, I can't even remember why he was called that. I will have to get with Shump on that one. We call him Colorado Dave now, since he is living there and he really didn't like the other nickname.

On your nickname, Shumpy usually comes up with the names, but one off the top of my head might be Cass with the nice Ass.