Saturday, October 14, 2006

Hell Week

This week has sucked at work. My Foreman is out with an infection in his leg all this week, and won't be back until next Tuesday. So that means I am having to do 90% of the work. Our business has slowed down, but all my work is getting backed up, because I can't get to half the stuff that I am suppose to do in a day. It hasn't even helped that I have been staying at work 13 to 14 hours a day. O.K. I know quit whining, but I was just letting all 3 of my readers know that is why I haven't been blogging this week. I went into work today, but couldn't get much done, because when I am their I guess nobody can make a decision with out me. I guess that is my job, but I am hoping my crew will get like I used to be when I was in their situation. I used to make as many decisions as I could, and not bother my boss. There were a lot of times that I would not make the right ones, but my old boss always stood behind me, because I wasn't bugging him with all the little stuff. I have relayed this to my crew, but it is just easier for them I guess to make sure they don't have to make a wrong decision. Enough crying.

We went to Bay Fest down here last weekend. It is where they have about 10 stages, and have all kinds of bands show up. Friday night we saw Gretchen Wilson. She is so fine, and we had a moment there where ours eyes locked, or she could have been looking at the crazy ass people behind me, but I am always going to say we had our little moment. JK, but the girl is fine, and has an awesome voice. It was crowded as shit. Saturday, we had two games. The girls won both games, and the SBQ got a home run. Then we ended up going back out to Bay Fest to see Gary Allen. It was pretty good, but I staid back in the back. We had about 11 teenagers with us. Tammy and all the girls went up to the front, and got to see everything from the front row. I was tired of the crowd. I have come to find out, when I am around that many people I feel like I need to kick somebody's ass. I get tired of rude or pushy people. So I staid in the back so in case if anybody got lost or tired they had a centralized place to come back to, and I didn't have that far to go to the bathrooms, or beer stand. I got up early Sunday morning and went golfing. I actually did a lot better this weekend. When I got back from golfing, you guessed it, we went back out to Bay Fest. We got to see Lynyrd Skynyrd. They were awesome, but again, we had to get up front. When will I learn that I don't like being around that many people so close to me. We got through. All in all, last weekend was great, but too many damn people. It made Monday hard to go to work, but when your the boss, you can't lay up at home like a crack whore just because you are a little hung over. It sucks being the boss sometimes.

We are not going to go through what all happened this week again. I will spare you the griping. I went into work again this morning. Then off to the softball fields again today. The girls had two games again today. They won the first game, but lost the second game. One of their friends got picked up to pitch against them, and needless to say, she is a pretty good pitcher. The SBQ got picked up to play on another team in between her two games, and she scored a home run. It was a beautiful hit. I am going to have to get her some hitting lessons though, because in the her teams second game she struck out swinging both up to bats. Her timing was off. So I will be looking for her a hitting coach. Once she gets that down she will be well rounded. She is doing great. We just got a little fine tuning to do.

The girls are wanting to go to the Shrimp Festival in Gulf Shores tonight. I am hoping I can get out of it, but it is looking doubtful. They just want to keep going, and going. I have to get up early tomorrow morning for golf. Yes, I said golfing. I can't hardly believe it either, but I am getting to golf two weeks in a row. Maybe my game will pick up a little bit.

Well, I hope you and yours are all doing good, and remember GO COWBOYS.

BE COOL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You better slow down Cowboy or you will make yourself sick. But you do need to have some fun. So glad you worked that in. And it's good that the softball is going well. Hope things do get a bit better at work.