Sunday, October 15, 2006

Friends and the Internet

I have come to know many friends in my life. Some come and some go. One of my long time friends is blogging now at Casman. I have know this guy since 1st grade. In fact I met him just before first grade when my mother married my step-father. I met him when I was out riding my bicycle. This was when kids could ride far from the house, and the parents didn't have to worry about kidnappers or perverts. So any ways back to the story. I met Casman, and a long lasting frendship ensued. My mom still has pictures of us busting up bricks to fill the holes for the post of the new fence we were putting up. Yes, I am taking brides to post or not post them. Let me just say, he used to have a whole lot more red hair on top of his head. He and I have been close friends at times in our lives, and sometimes we wouldn't see each other from years. Hell I don't even know if we saw each other in high school more than three times. The one thing that has kept us in touch though is definitely through another friend of both of ours. You guessed it Shumpy. Shump has introduced me to many of his friends, and I have become close to a whole lot of people, because of him. Now Casman and I are blogging. Probably because of Shump. There are many people I have met of the net, and never seen in person. I still have the same feeling that they are my friends, even though we have never met. I did get to meet one of the people that I have talked to in the blog world this last week. Chuck was down here for a conference, and we met up for a beer. Of course, I had my whole family in tow. They set over at another table, and ate with some other friends. Chuck and I got to put a name with the face, and downed a couple of beers, and the traditional tequilla shot. It was good times, but not nearly long enough. I wanted to sit there, and tie one on with him, but we come back to me being the bossman at work, and had to get home so I could get up in the morning. The whole point to this journey down memory lane is that the electronic world we live in, and the internet has made the world a whole lot smaller, and a better way to stay in touch with old friends, and new ones.

How about them COWBOYS. Did they put on a whipping or what? T. O. finally got some TD's. The only thing that sucks about that game is that I missed the second half. I was scared in the first half. We all went to The Shrimp Festival today. I think I gained about 10 lbs today. I had gator on a stick (yum), shrimp on a stick (not bad), a true root beer float (been craving that), and a funnel cake on the way out (not as good as Six Flag's though). So needless to say I still have yet to see T.O. get a touch down for the Cowboys. As long as they when though, I am happy.

No, I didn't get to go golfing this morning. I was a little too worn out, and needed to spend some time with the family. Hopefully this week goes a little better. As long as my foreman comes back to work Tuesday should. Hope y'all have a great week, and Shump, keeping my fingers crossed on the job hunt before the welfare runs out.

BE COOL.

3 comments:

SAC said...

post the pics, I would love to see them. i can tell i'm gonna need the laugh this week.

and i was hat HP3 for more than 30 minutes. I think it was 45!

Anonymous said...

Wowwww. What a time you had. Fun.

Anonymous said...

It was great meeting you man! The booze was great. I'm looking forward to getting together again sometime!