Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Trying



I have been trying to get a pic to upload for three or four days. I have been having problem with blogger to upload them. I thought it was me, and my little knowledge of how to do anything on the computer, but this morning shows that I was reading the instructions correctly, and it wasn't my slightly retarded computer skills that wasn't working. Oh well, I got them going now.
The top picture is of our new edition to the family. I proudly introduce ya'll to Scooter Brown. I call him this so when I am drunk as a skunk, also know as "Cooter Brown", we can be related. No actually I have always wanted to name a dog scotter. He is definitely a character. When we got him he was only six weeks old and weighed two pounds. Now that he has found where his dog bowl is and where Matti's dog bowl is, and he weighs about 5 lbs. So needless to say, we have put him on a diet. He is going to be a lot of fun.
This is going to be a busy summer. The Softball Queen has started tournament season, and we are going and blowing. We have a tournament in Mansfield this weekend. After tonight's game I have to haul ass out to the race track to help my buddy Big Mike with his sprint car (that is the second picture). That is me working on it after the heat races. Then it is off to the rest of the tournament tomorrow. Now back to racing. We are currently looking for sponsors for our race team. Mike is one hell of a driver. This is his first year racing the sprint car, and is doing pretty well. As you all know though it is costly. We are taking any sponsors right now. The more money you give, which by the way is tax deductible, the bigger the graphics with your company's name is on the car. If any of you are feeling like you need to get rid of some extra cash, or need a good tax deduction let me know. I am not to the point of begging yet, but it is close. Getting sponsors is a lot harder than I thought it would be. I have gone to a few of my customer's so far, and have come up with nothing yet. The one sure person I went to said he couldn't do it, because his son just got into racing. He said he felt for us, but was dumping a load of money into his son's car right now. I understood, but was sure hoping he would have helped out.
Tammy had knee surgery Wednesday. So I have been playing nurse around here lately. She is doing real good though. The doctor sent her home without crutches. She is already up and walking around. She tore her meniscus. We caught it pretty early so there was not much damage. They scoped it and repaired it.
I have decided to go back to school in the second session of summer. I was going to take the whole summer off, but I am ready to get back and get this all over with. I apply in August to the Nursing Program; so wish me luck. I won't find out if I made it until December. I am pretty confident I will make it, but there are usually a lot of people applying.
Well I have to get everything ready for the tournament today. Yell at ya'll later.


BE COOL.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Scooter is quite cute. Good luck with school.