Sunday, June 11, 2006

Life in the Softball World

Well I got up yesterday morning and posted. Aren't ya'll all proud of me. Look, I am posting two days in a row. The world is about to end I guess. I dropped the Princess off with my mother yesterday morning. She went out of town with her for some Mary Kay Business. Yes my mom drives a pink Cadillac. I came back home and got everything loaded up for the tournament. I have a life saver that I take with me to tournaments. I have a John Deer Wagon that I carry everything in from the truck to the fields. I bought it several years ago, and it has saved me back pain and agony ever since. I can load the E-Z UP, cooler, all the chairs, and the bat bag, and make it all in one trip. It is one of the best things that I have ever bought. We went and watched the Wild One bowl for a little while and then headed out to the softball fields. It was hotter than hell. We got everything set up and waited for our first game. The SBQ lost their first game, which they shouldn't have. They did win their second game though. They almost gave it away. They have to get better at hitting during the games. They all do great in practice, but when it comes to the games the just dink the ball for some reason. Hopefully today they will be over the jitters of the first tournament and start hitting like we all know they can. We have two more games today. There is no way we will get first place in this tournament since we didn't beat the first team, but we will more than likely get second. There only five teams so it is only round robin tournament.
It looks like we will be going to Oklahoma next weekend. Nobody has signed up for the tournament we were suppose to be in next weekend here in town. So we are probably going to play some Yankees above the Red River line. They should be interesting.
Well we didn't race last night. Mike took the car out Friday night to Hot lap the car since we put a new front end under it, and ended up putting into the wall in practice. More money we got to sink into it, but ,oh well, that is part of racing. It took out the fuel cell, and the new rear bumper that was just put on.
Well I got to get so I can get everything ready for the tournament today. Hope everybody has a great weekend.

No comments: